BMW E60 / E61 Coding Options.
BMW’s are literally pumped full of useful features, various functions are deactivated at factory level when the vehicle is produced. These functions can be activated, added, removed, converted or flashed to the vehicle using specialised diagnostic equipment. Hopefully our basic outline below will give you a good understanding of what can be performed and the costs involved.
The following features can be coded into your vehicle and activated for a cost of £83.00 + VAT, this service carries it’s own fee, this is not included in any of our other coding services. There is no limit on how many you can select from the list below but please make our staff aware of which items are coded before any coding work is started.
- Visuals and acoustics can be activated so when the vehicle is locked / unlocked the indicators will flash and an audible chirp is heard (single chirp for lock, double chirp for unlock).
- High beam headlamps flash with indicators if the vehicle’s alarm is activated to attract further attention.
- Panic mode – if the trunk release button is held on the key remote for 5 seconds, the vehicle alarm will be activated attracting attention.
- All power windows can be made one-touch (if not set from the factory).
- Automatically re-lock vehicle after 2 minutes if unlock button was pressed but doors have not been opened. A partially useful feature if the vehicle has been unlocked by accident – the re-lock feature will be deactivated if any doors are opened within the 2 minutes.
- Full closure on locking – Pressing and holding the lock button on the key remote will automatically close all windows.
- Convenient unlocking – Pressing and holding the unlock button on the key remote will automatically open all windows. Convertible models can also have the addition of the roof opening automatically via the key remote.
- Electric folding wing mirrors can be folded in automatically by pressing and holding lock button on key remote (not available on some vehicles).
- Automatic locking when vehicle reaches 10mph – This feature automatically locks all doors / trunk when first reaching 16kph, this prevents any unwanted intruders whilst driving.
- Seat belt reminders can be activated / deactivated.
- Home lights activation time can be adjusted for a longer duration.
- Welcome lights can be added to 2008 or later vehicles with LM2. Angle eyes and dipped beam headlamps activate upon unlocking vehicle.
- Activation of daytime running lights.
- Digital speed read out on standard instrument cluster – activated by cycling through BC after activation.
- Activation of DRL options on main screen (2007 or newer).
Various retrofit options can also be coded to the vehicle, all may/will require additional hardware, the following features can be coded into your vehicle and activated for a cost of £83.00 + VAT (individually), this service carries it’s own fee, this is not included in any of our other coding services.
- Dension, mObridge and genuine MP3 interfaces can be coded.
- CD changer retrofit activation.
- AUX port retrofit activation.
- Xenon light coding retrofit – also required if fitted HID headlights due to the lower power draw 35w (causing warning lights on dash) – manual headlamp level control will be lost as a result of this retrofit.
- OKOS – Elimination of comfort opening via mechanical key.
- Heated steering wheel activation.
- Genuine BMW iPod interface activation.
- MP3 activation (for vehicles from 09/2005 with professional navigation CCC).
- Genuine BMW passenger airbag deactivation switch activation.
- TV in motion – software only activation.
The following features can be removed from your vehicle by way of specialised coding at a cost of £83.00 + VAT (individually), this service carries it’s own fee, this is not included in any of our other coding services.
- Bulb checks deactivated – Constant false bulb out warnings due to faulty FRM, as long as the indicators still flash at the correct speed this coding option can save you the cost of a replacement FRM.
- Airbag equipment removal (disclaimers will need to be signed) – we can remove single components of the airbag system whilst allowing the rest of the system to operate correctly and deploy in the event of an accident. Coding can provide the option fitting aftermarket or performance BMW seats, it can also provide safe and reliable removal of faulty seat occupancy sensors.
- Deletion of various alarm sensors – Various areas of the factory alarm system can be deactivated to cut the cost of expensive alarm repairs (tilt sensors, interior sensors etc can be deactivated to avoid false alarm triggers while still maintaining correct operation of the BMW system).
- Adaptive headlight error removal – we can code the cluster to remove this warning message (although the fault is still present). It does however save the constant failure ‘bing’ every time the vehicle is started.
Replacement Key Remotes & Programming…
Replacement Key Remotes & Programming – At Grosvenor Motor Company we can supply and programme (code) a replacement remote control to your vehicle. This allows your to start the car and use the remote control to lock and unlock. We are proud to offer this unique service whilst you wait!
These options may not be available on every vehicle. Different model years, body variants and specification will dictate the options presently available for your vehicle