Mini R55 / R56 / R57 / R58 / R59 / R60 / R61 Coding Options
Mini Coding Options.
The following coding options are relevant to Mini R55 / R56 / R57 / R58 / R59 / R60 / R61.
Mini’s are literally pumped full of useful features, various functions are deactivated at factory level when the vehicle is produced. These functions can be activated, added, removed or converted to using specialised diagnostic equipment. Hopefully our basic outline below will give you a good understanding of what can be performed and the costs involved.
The following features can be coded into your vehicle and activated for a cost of £66.50 + VAT, this service carries it’s own fee, this is not included in any of our other coding services. There is no limit on how many you can select from the list below but please make our staff aware of which items are coded before any coding work is started.
- Visuals and acoustics can be activated so when the vehicle is locked / unlocked the indicators will flash and an audible chirp is heard (single chirp for lock, double chirp for unlock).
- Panic mode – if the trunk release button is held on the key remote for 5 seconds, the vehicle alarm will be activated attracting attention.
- Automatic locking when vehicle reaches 10mph – This feature automatically locks all doors / trunk when first reaching 16kph, this prevents any unwanted intruders whilst driving.
- Automatic unlocking after engine off.
- All power windows can be made one-touch (if not set from the factory).
- Selective locking can be activated (much like a late VW). A single press of the key unlock button will unlock the drivers door, a double press will unlock the entire vehicle.
- Automatically re-lock vehicle after 2 minutes if unlock button was pressed but doors have not been opened. A partially useful feature if the vehicle has been unlocked by accident – the re-lock feature will be deactivated if any doors are opened within the 2 minutes.
- Step down wipers at stationary – Front windscreen wipers will switch down to a lower speed when vehicle is stationary (at traffic lights etc).
- TV in motion can be digitally activated allowing TV screens on whatever vehicle speed (a disclaimer must be signed for safety reasons).
- Seat belt reminders can be activated / deactivated.
- Automatic heated rear window activation at 3°c – (this automatically switches on without having to press the heated rear window button).
- Activation of daytime running lights.
- Home light activation and modification of home light duration.
Various retrofit options can also be coded to the vehicle, all may/will require additional hardware, the following features can be coded into your vehicle and activated for a cost of £66.50 + VAT (individually), this service carries it’s own fee, this is not included in any of our other coding services.
- Genuine BMW facelift rear light coding.
- Genuine BMW facelift front light coding.
- Genuine BMW fog light kit coding.
- Multi function steering wheel kit coding.
- On board computer can be coded (base models never received this function).
- Revolution counter coding activation.
- Genuine BMW CD changer activation.
- Genuine BMW iPod kit activation.
- Dension Gateway 500 activation.
- mObridge iPod kit activation.
The following features can be removed from your vehicle by way of specialised coding at a cost of £83.00 + VAT (individually), this service carries it’s own fee, this is not included in any of our other coding services.
- Various bulb checks can be deactivated – allowing the use of aftermarket LED bulbs (without showing a warning light on the dashboard).
- Airbag equipment removal (disclaimers will need to be signed) – we can remove single components of the airbag system whilst allowing the rest of the system to operate correctly and deploy in the event of an accident. Faulty seat belt tensioners, or faulty seat occupancy sensors can be disconnected and coded out.
- Deletion of various alarm sensors – Various areas of the factory alarm system can be deactivated to cut the cost of expensive alarm repairs (tilt sensors, interior sensors etc can be switched off to avoid false alarm triggers).
These options may not be available on every vehicle. Different model years, body variants and specification will dictate the options presently available for your vehicle