Mini Coding, Conversion, Retrofits and Flashing Options…
Control unit replacement and coding.
Every control unit in your vehicle is coded with your vehicles specified information when it leaves the Mini factory. This procedure writes the chassis number, vehicle order (VO), vital vehicle data and user settings into each control unit.
If a control unit fails and requires replacement, this would then require coding to your vehicle. This process allows the vehicle to identify, recognise and use a newly fitted control unit.
Coding can also be used to activate new functions within your vehicle, for example:
- There are instances that removal coding is required ie. Fitting aftermarket seats, steering wheels etc to maintain correct operation of the rest of the vehicle.
- Faulty alarm sensors can be coded out of the vehicle so they are ignored.
- For fibre optic vehicles, we can activate the CD changer line out (if changer is not fitted) allowing you to retrofit of CD changers, Dension or mObridge units.
- Mini’s can be coded to activate visuals and acoustics on the alarm, selective locking, automatic locking, step-down wipers, fold-up mirrors on the key (not all of these options will be available on all cars).
- TV in motion can be digitally activated allowing TV screens on whatever vehicle speed (a waiver must be signed for safety reasons).
We offer various levels of vehicle coding and flashing. Please see the relevant section for your vehicle:
What we list within these guides is just a very small percentage of things we can code into your vehicle. If there is anything else you require, please phone one of our friendly team for more details.