BMW G20 G21 – 3-Series Coding Options
This section is based around the BMW G20 & G21 – 3-Series (2019 onwards).
BMW’s are literally pumped full of useful features, various functions are deactivated at factory level when the vehicle is produced. These functions can be activated, added, removed, converted or flashed to the vehicle using specialised diagnostic equipment. Hopefully our basic outline below will give you a good understanding of what can be performed and the costs involved.
- CarPlay Activation – Vehicles fitted with MGU Professional Navigation can now benefit from wireless CarPlay integration.
The following features can be removed from your vehicle by way of specialised coding at a cost of £83.00 + VAT (individually), this service carries it’s own fee, this is not included in any of our other coding services.
- Various bulb checks can be deactivated – allowing the use of aftermarket LED bulbs (without showing a warning light on the dashboard).
Airbag Coding (ACSM 5)…
- Airbag equipment removal from ACSM5 (disclaimers will need to be signed) – we can remove single components of the airbag system whilst allowing the rest of the system to operate correctly and deploy in the event of an accident. Faulty seat belt tensioners, or faulty seat occupancy sensors can be disconnected and coded out.
- 8TF Active pedestrian protection removal (disclaimers will need to be signed) – This is especially useful for vehicles used on track to cut repair costs in the event of an accident (additional labour is required to complete this conversion).
- 930994 – Safety battery terminal removal coding – This fault is present if the safety terminal is damaged, detonated or water damaged. We offer a service where we can disconnect and code out this terminal for off road use (ie. Track days etc).
- Replacing seats in a vehicle for Recaro’s? Obviously Recaro’s do not have side airbags built into seats, seat occupancy sensors, seat belt tensioners etc. We can recode the vehicle to disable the removed channels, this will allow the rest of the system to operate correctly and deploy in the event of an accident and extinguish the airbag light.
These options may not be available on every vehicle. Different model years, body variants and specification will dictate the options presently available for your vehicle