BMW F10 / F11 / F18 5-Series Coding Options.
BMW’s are literally pumped full of useful features, various functions are deactivated at factory level when the vehicle is produced. These functions can be activated, added, removed, converted or flashed to the vehicle using specialised diagnostic equipment. Hopefully our basic outline below will give you a good understanding of what can be performed and the costs involved.
Coding & retrofits…
The following features can be coded to your F-Series vehicle and activated for a cost of £83.00 + VAT for the first coding option. Each option picked from the list below will be charged at an additional £10 + VAT individually. This service carries it’s own fee, this is not included in any of our other coding services. Various retrofit options can be coded to the vehicle and add to the vehicles specification, all may/will require additional hardware to be fitted prior to coding.
- Automatic driving light sensitivity (insensitive / normal / sensitive).
- Daytime driving lights menu activation – only available on vehicles built after September 2010.
- Seat belt reminders can be activated / deactivated.
- Changing of oil service interval – (various mileages).
- Start / Stop button memory – (retains a memory of the last selected setting rather than defaulting to on).
- Soft on welcome lights – Enables welcome lights to fade up when unlocking and fade down when locking.
- Acoustic alarm chirp activation – (acoustic confirmation chirp when locking / unlocking vehicle).
- USB video playback with additional codec activation – Allows playback of video via USB port on NBT head units.
- Electric wing mirrors fold with remote central locking – Unfold / fold wing mirrors via remote key fob – Pressing and holding lock / unlock on key remote with fold / unfold mirrors (this may sound obvious but factory fitted electric folding mirrors are required).
- Digital speedo activation – (Digital speed readout on instrument cluster, within board computer).
- Instrument cluster boot logo – Change instrument cluster boot logo to ///M Performance (only for vehicles with extended display).
- iDrive boot logo – Change iDrive boot logo to ///M Performance (NBT vehicles only).
- Add tyre pressure & individual tyre temperature to the TPMS display – (vehicle must have factory tyre pressure sensors fitted).
- Displays an entire SMS message on iDrive rather than just three lines – (later NBT system must be fitted).
The following advanced coding features can be coded to your F-Series vehicle and activated for a cost of £83.00 + VAT (individually), this service carries it’s own fee, this is not included in any of our other coding services. Various retrofit options can be coded to the vehicle and add to the vehicles specification, all may/will require additional hardware to be fitted prior to coding.
- 6NH Bluetooth to 6NS, 6NK, 6NL Extended Bluetooth – Add extended Bluetooth function to basic Bluetooth vehicles.
- 6NS dual Bluetooth phone option – Later vehicles 2014 onwards will have Bluetooth streaming fitted as standard. At any given time, 2 mobile phones or Bluetooth audio players can be paired and active simultaneously with this coding upgrade.
Digital Road Map Update Europe (West) Premium 2016-1 Navigation Map Update for BMW Professional CIC units – We can update the mapping software as well as providing the relevant FSC activation code.
Digital Road Map Update Europe Move 2016-2 Navigation Map Update – For smaller screen Business Navigation vehicles – We can update the mapping software as well as providing the relevant FSC activation code.
Vehicle language change:
These options may not be available on every vehicle. Different model years, body variants and specification will dictate the options presently available for your vehicle