Do you own a BMW with a 5DF0 & 5DF1 DSC malfunction fault?
These symbols indicate that your vehicle’s ABS and Traction Control system has shut down due to a fault. We have seen a influx of vehicles with these fault codes stored:
- 5DF0 Hydraulic unit: pump motor.
- 5DF1 Hydraulic unit: pump motor connector fault.
As these vehicles age the ABS/DSC pump motor begins to seize. The pump housing is a one time press fit hindering the option to repair without specialist equipment. As such BMW will only replace the whole ABS unit with a bill of around £2500. We do however have a solution.
We have these hydraulic units repaired by a braking specialist. The money saving is huge, however the vehicle is off of the road for around 3 weeks whilst the specialist repair is under way.
So what do we do?
- We plug our BMW diagnostic equipment into your vehicle, allowing us to diagnose and confirm the fault, we are looking for a 5DF0 & 5DF1 fault.
- We remove ABS hydraulic unit and send it for specialist reconditioning.
- Upon return of the newly refurbished ABS hydraulic unit, it is refitted to the vehicle.
- Bleed the braking system with new DOT4 brake fluid.
- The unit is then setup and coded the vehicle.
- We read and clear all stored vehicle fault codes.
This 5DF0 & 5DF1 fault usually affects the following 6-cylinder models:
- E82, E83, E87, E88 – 1-Series.
- E90, E91, E92, E93 – 3-Series.
- E85 Z4’s.